Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Influenster Vox Box: Speed Stick Gear



Recently I received my first free Vox Box from Influenster! I guess they think I could use a little help with my body odor because the box was Speed Stick Gear that came with two sticks of Speed Stick Gear, one scented "Clean Peak" and one "Fresh Force."

Each stick claims to offer 48 hours of total protection and I decided to really test that claim.

I'm a big guy and I sweat a lot with even the slightest physical activity so the test was going to be pretty thorough:

Since the deodorant claimed 48 hour protection I decided that I'd put it on for two days without refreshing it, and that the first day I'd just go about my normal day, which is fairly inactive. At the end of the first day I still smelled fine with no hint of that stale sweat smell that is so gross.

The next day, I played racquetball with my friend Dan.

It was the first time I've played racquetball in years. I definitely didn't have the reflexes or stamina I had four or five years ago. My friend Dan absolutely destroyed me on the court, without really breaking a sweat of his own.

I was sweating enough for both of us.

When I got home I decided that I'd take the plunge, so I sniffed. I sniffed hard.

It...wasn't bad.

There was a sweat smell but I wasn't expecting miracles from the Speed Stick Gear. It kept me fresh enough that I wasn't embarrassed by my smell when my friend Dan drove me home that night. I still needed a shower at the end of the night but anyone would have; it's not like putting on deodorant protects the REST of your body from sweat and smelliness.

Overall I'd say that Speed Stick Gear does its job just fine. I don't know that I'll be switching over to them, I like my Old Spice brand, but if I see Speed Stick Gear on sale at the store I'll gladly buy a few sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment